Maine's Elite Personal Injury Firm
Centuries of Experience Working on Your Behalf
A personal injury is one suffered as a direct result of another person's negligence. At our firm in Maine, our personal injury attorneys offer premier legal representation to those who have been injured from someone's reckless behavior or actions.
As experienced legal advocates, we understand what you are going through after suffering an injury. When you call our Maine personal injury attorneys, you can have peace of mind knowing your case is in solid hands.
Our personal injury lawyers in Maine understand that there are many law firms to choose from after you have suffered an injury and need help to pay your medical expenses.
Here's why our firm stands out from others:
- We know you'll have lots of questions about what to do and we're ready to give you answers.
- We appreciate that you want to be treated with respect and will fight to make sure you receive it.
- We understand that you expect fair compensation for what you're going through and won't rest until your get this.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, your whole livelihood will likely be effected. Look to Moncure & Barnicle to recover the compensation you need.
Our Maine personal injury attorneys pride ourselves on putting our client's needs first and foremost and we will not accept one dime of payment until you recover the maximum amount of compensation for your injury.
The Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases in ME
In the state of Maine, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally 6 years. This means that if you've been injured due to someone else's negligence or wrongful actions, you generally have up to 6 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit seeking compensation for your damages.
However, it's important to note that there are certain exceptions and variations to the statute of limitations depending on the specifics of the case. For example:
- Discovery Rule: In some cases, the statute of limitations may start from the date when the injury was discovered or when it reasonably should have been discovered, rather than from the actual date of the injury.
- Minor Plaintiffs: If the injured party is a minor (under 18 years old), the statute of limitations may be "tolled" or paused until the minor reaches the age of 18.
- Government Entities: If the at-fault party is a government entity or employee, there might be specific notice requirements and shorter time limits for filing a claim. These rules are governed by the Maine Tort Claims Act.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice cases have their own statute of limitations and special requirements. Generally, a medical malpractice lawsuit must be filed within 3 years from the date of the alleged malpractice or within 3 years from the date the injury was discovered or should have been discovered, whichever is earlier.
- Wrongful Death: For wrongful death cases, the statute of limitations is generally 2 years from the date of the decedent's death.
It's crucial to consult with a qualified personal injury attorney in Maine to fully understand the statute of limitations that applies to your specific situation.
Failing to file a lawsuit within the applicable time frame can result in losing your right to seek compensation for your injuries. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Maine
Our personal injury attorneys Moncure & Barnicle have extensive experience in the personal injury field, our attorneys handle cases involving:
Why Hire Moncure & Barnicle?
Since our firm focuses so much on accidents and injuries, we aim to be accountable and compassionate counselors and attorneys.
Our extensive experience includes:
- Millions of dollars of compensation collected for our clients
- Handled just about every kind of personal injury case
- Represented individuals, families, children, and elderly people
You have already been through an ordeal—now you need someone to come alongside you and prepare you for what lies ahead. You can be confident that we will work hard on your behalf and pursue the justice you deserve.
What Can You Expect From Us?
We understand that in the aftermath of an accident, you may be feeling confused and anxious about your future, including how you will be able to pay for medical bills, medication, physical therapy, and other expenses.
Moncure & Barnicle is here to offer you the benefit of our over 150 years of combined legal experience and are ready to stand by you throughout this process.
We offer all our clients service backed by:
- Aggressive, thorough representation
- Straightforward assessment of your case—no crazy promises
- Responsiveness to your personal needs—it's not just a case, it's your case
- Consideration of special situations—if it's easier for you, we'll meet you at home or work
- No risk—you pay no fees unless we collect money for you
Get Started On Your Case Today!
To learn more about the personal injury legal process, feel free to call our firm. Our personal injury attorneys handle everything from car accidents to truck collisions. We provide a no-cost and no-obligation case evaluation where we can discuss your needs and the details of your case.