Dedicated Attorneys Serving Maine

Maine Child Support Lawyer

Assisting Clients With Child Support Matters in Maine

Child support payment

Ensuring the financial well-being of your children is a priority for any responsible parent. At Moncure & Barnicle, we recognize the importance of securing your child's future through the legal avenues available. Our team of dedicated attorneys specializes in family law, providing comprehensive legal support tailored to meet the unique needs of our clients in Maine. If you are navigating the complexities of child support, our experienced lawyers are here to guide you through the process.

Call Moncure & Barnicle today at (207) 209-2902 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our child support attorney in Maine!

What is Child Support?

Child support is a legal obligation that one parent may have to fulfill for the financial benefit of their child. The noncustodial parent typically pays this support to the custodial parent to cover the child's essential needs, including education, healthcare, and daily living expenses. The objective is to ensure that both parents contribute to the financial well-being of their children, even if they are no longer in a relationship.

Our attorneys at Moncure & Barnicle understand the nuances of child support laws in Maine and are committed to advocating for your child's best interests. Whether you seek to establish child support, modify an existing agreement, or enforce payments, our legal team has the expertise to navigate the legal landscape on your behalf.

How is Child Support Calculated in Maine?

Determining child support involves carefully considering various factors, and the calculation process can be intricate. In Maine, child support is primarily determined using the Income Shares Model, which considers both parents' income and the child's needs. Our skilled attorneys can assist you in understanding the factors that influence child support calculations and ensure your rights are protected.

Income, including wages, bonuses, and other financial resources, is critical in determining child support payments. Other considerations may include healthcare expenses, childcare costs, and the number of overnights each parent spends with the child. Our legal team at Moncure & Barnicle will work diligently to gather all relevant information, ensuring a fair and accurate calculation that aligns with your child's best interests.

What Age Do You Stop Paying Child Support?

Child support obligations typically continue until the child reaches the age of majority, which is 18 in Maine. However, if the child is still in high school or pursuing higher education, the obligation may extend until the child turns 19 or completes their educational program, whichever comes first. It's important to understand the specific terms outlined in your child support agreement and seek legal guidance if you have questions about the duration of your obligations.

Our attorneys at Moncure & Barnicle can clarify the age at which child support obligations end in your particular situation. We will ensure you are well informed about your rights and responsibilities, allowing you to plan for the future and make informed decisions prioritizing your child's well-being.

Why Hire Moncure & Barnicle 

Moncure & Barnicle is experienced in all areas of family law, from divorce to child support. If you are a custodial parent and need to obtain a court order for child custody, we have the knowledge and skills to get results. Our legal team understands what the court looks for when making decisions for child support.

Your child's best interests are always the court's main concern, and they are our top priority as well. We can help represent you as you fight for fair child support or help you seek mediation to work out your child support agreement with the other parent.

Contact Our Maine Child Support Attorney Today

Navigating the complexities of child support laws in Maine requires the expertise of seasoned family law attorneys. Moncure & Barnicle's legal team is dedicated to providing personalized and effective legal solutions tailored to your unique situation. Whether you seek to establish, modify, or enforce child support, we safeguard your child's best interests. 

Contact Moncure & Barnicle today to schedule a consultation with our child support lawyer in Maine!


Clients Share Their Experiences

"I'll contact Moncure & Barnicle without hesitation"

- Derek S.